We’ve all received spam emails that promise to whisk our websites to the first page of Google’s search results. It’s an attractive proposition, and what a black hat SEO copywriter does. Who wouldn’t want to be top of mind for someone who’s actively searching for their product or service?
But we’ve all also dismissed those emails, and rightly so, because Google is a picky eater, and is very choosy about what it serves its searchers, and can identify flashy tricksters in just that. A flash.
That’s why an SEO copywriter is so important – and how they can add serious value to your business.
- Google uses complex algorithms to determine the relevance and quality of websites. An SEO copywriter understand these algorithms and use this knowledge to create content that is optimised for search engines. This increases the chances of their target audience finding them. And the higher you are, the more visibility, more traffic, and ultimately more revenue for the business.
- SEO copywriters make sure your website’s content is BOTH human AND Google optimised. It’s not just about repeating key phrases. It’s about speaking naturally to your audience, and resonating with them. Your business will not sound nearly as seductive by focusing on algorithms alone.
- Another important role of SEO copywriters is in creating evergreen content. Evergreen content is content that is timeless and remains relevant to the target audience long after it is published. Think of it as the opposite of your weekly blog. It has longevity so it must work harder, for longer. Examples would be your home pages, and the key offering pages of your website.
- A good SEO copywriter will also play an important part in creating content that is shareable on social media. It’s part of our daily lives, so brands need to create content that is shareable on the platforms. This helps businesses connect with a wider audience, and generate positive word-of-mouth, which even in today’s day and age is still a huge revenue booster.
- Don’t think of an SEO copywriter as just helping you put words on a page. They can also create content that is optimised for voice search. And, with the rise of virtual assistants like Siri and Alexa, voice search has become increasingly popular. SEO copywriters help you create content designed to answer questions that people would naturally ask when using voice search, like, “Siri, what sci-fi western is playing at my nearest cinema?”
- SEO copywriters create content that is tailored to the needs of the target audience. Now, it goes without saying that you, as the business owner, know your business, and its target, best. An SEO copywriter, however, can put that knowledge into a sales argument that is both effective and a pleasure on the eyes.
- Copywriters can also research topics on your behalf, saving you time to focus on what’s really important: selling more products and offering more services.
- SEO copywriters can research the market, and see what your competitors and doing. This helps them craft content that will differentiate you from the broader market, and help businesses stay ahead of the competition.
- And finally, and ranking right up there in terms of importance, is speaking in your brands tone of voice. Website copy must be unique to you and your business, just as your business is unique. This helps you stand out from the market. A good copywriter will help you do just that.